Happy Thanksgiving! I thought I'd jot down 10 things I'm thankful for.
1. My children: yes, they drive me bonkers sometimes. yes they seem to have an aversion to putting things in the trash (even though there's a can in every room in the house), flushing the toilets and actually putting dirty clothes in the laundry baskets (even though there is one in every room in the house-even the kitchen). i love them even though i've told them COUNTLESS times that the recycling bin is NOT the other trashcan one uses when the real one is over-flowing. In spite of it all, I'm so lucky that they are all healthy and happy children.
2. my husband: for putting up with my craziness. he never complains when i have to work late and he has to take care of dinner AND the kids all night. he can sense when i'm getting ready to crack by giving me alone time. he finally got a CPAP upon my request and wears it every night so he no longer has snoring and sleep apenea. and he never makes me go camping and will always trade dinners with me if i accidentally order something that has cilantro in it.
3. my in-laws: for watching charlie on wednesday mornings so i can either volunteer at the school, go to a photo shoot, go to medical appointments, have lunch with a friend or sometimes do all of the above.
4. Modern Family: it's on wednesday nights at 9:00 and i look forward to it all week. it is, hands down, the funniest show on tv right now.
5. Dancing With The Stars: its unnatural hold over me is now gone. Jennifer Grey. Shocking. Didn't see that coming. Zzzzz.
6. no taveling this holiday season. my parents decided to go down to their new vacation house in Florida and spend all winter down there so that means we don't have to go up to Indiana. at all.
7. stretchy pants. :)
8. Canada: thank you to our northern border country for not bombing us, unlike some other country right now like North Korea. What's up with that?!
9. McDonald's large coffee-5 creams & 5 sugars: just one a day makes it all OK.
10. friends: even though I've never met some of you face to face, you make me feel less hermit-ish. i don't think i would ever come out of my shell if not for you.